Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Diggy Simmons Is A Young Entrepreneur




He is the son of one of Hip-Hop’s legendary rappers, but Diggy Simmons is not letting that little fact keep him from making a name for himself. In 2009, he released his first mixtape “First Flight”; this year he debuted his fashion movement called YoungCrafters. Later this year, the 14-year-old entrepreneur will have a new sneaker line out called Chivalrous Culture. *Write up from Black Celeb Kids*


SoJones.com recently sat down with the young business man to talk about his music and much more. Check out excerpts from the interview below:

On how he describes himself:
Ambitious. Taste-Maker. Creative.

On which comes first, Fashion, Music, or Art?Many people ask me that but they’re each my passion for a reason so they all have a equality in my life.

On his perspective on fashion:
Honestly fashion is about confidence and personal style, so when you have that down packed i feel that your good so there aren’t really any do’s as far as dont’s, I mean right now it’s winter so no vibrant and loud colors

On how he handles criticism:
One thing about being in this industry is that you have to have tough skin, because if you where your heart on your sleeve you’re not gonna last through because there will always be doubters.

On what distinguishes his music from Jojo’s and his Dad’s:
Honestly I’m not even sure. When it comes to doing what I do past Run’s House, on my own I don’t exactly look to what my family is doing, or has done. I just make my music.

On the music he listens to:
I listen to a lot of alternative. N.E.R.D., Lykke Li, MGMT, Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment